Title: Cellar Worker
Reports to: Head Brewer
Location: 6 Old Country Way, Scituate, MA 02066
Brewery Summary: Untold Brewing is a new brewery and taproom located in Scituate, MA. We are building a team of highly motivated, passionate, fun people who believe in the importance of great beer.
Summary of Position:
Cellar Worker will assist the Head Brewer by performing key tasks crucial to our beer production. Focus of the position will be on the cleaning, preparation and maintenance of fermentation tanks and other brewing equipment. However, other responsibilities may include occasional activities in the brewery taproom, such as customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily fermentation vessel and brite tank CIP
- Brite tank purging and preparation
- Analytical sampling & record keeping
- Beer transfer & carbonation management
- Brew day assistance including, but not limited to grist & ingredient preparation and equipment sterilization
- General brewhouse cleaning, including floors, piping, tank exteriors, etc.
- Packaging assistance, as needed
- Other tasks as required throughout the brewery
General Job Requirements
- Must be 21+
- Flexibility and ability to work varied hours and shifts
- A passion for craft beer
- Strong teamwork, communication skills, and respect for coworkers
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Relevant professional experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot on the fly and exercise good judgment
- General understanding of fermentation process and science
- Ability to be nimble and embrace change
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to support other departments as necessary
Many tasks require work on the production floor in a working brewery environment. Applicants must be able to:
- Work in variable climate conditions
- Work around loud noise
- Work in variable elements including exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals, hot water, cold water, hazardous gases, pressurized vessels, and machinery with moving parts
- Lift 55 lbs. and push 165 lbs.
- Follow PPE protocol and handle dangerous chemicals safely
- Bend, lift, reach, and stand on your feet for 8-10 hours
To apply for this position: Email your resume and an overview of why you'd be a great fit for this role to email@example.com. Please list the job title in the email subject line.