It’s been a hell of a year. We started 2016 with a business plan, some lofty goals and lots of ambition, but that’s about it. Everything we “created” was just abstract ideas written on paper and there wasn’t much else in terms of tangible progress or results. Fast forward 12 months and we have a real company, a construction site, and a much clearer vision of what this brewery is going to be.
2016 was a year we’ll never forget, filled with moments that were exhilarating, humbling, surprising, frustrating, and (most importantly) really enjoyable. We made lots of friends at other breweries and were constantly reminded why this industry is so amazing. We have a lot of work in the months ahead, but to quote the great Tom Brady, “I didn’t come this far to only come this far.” And with that inspiration we look ahead confidently to 2017.
Here’s a recap of 2016…
- November 2015 – Amended the Scituate zoning bylaws (via unanimous vote at Town Meeting) to allow a microbrewery to operate.
- May – Signed a lease for our space at 6 Old Country Way.
- July – Selected our brewhouse, which is currently being fabricated by DME Brewing Solutions.
- August – Received formal approval from the Scituate Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals for brewery construction.
- October – Received our final town permit necessary for operation of the brewery in Scituate.
- October – Broke ground at 6 Old Country Way.
- December – Relocated the South Main Street School to brewery property for future use as our taproom.
- December – Made plans to drink a lot of great beer over the holidays to celebrate a very productive and successful 2016.
… and a quick preview of what to expect in 2017!
Who's getting thirsty?
Cheers and a Happy New Year,
Matt, Kristin & Kyle